Khabarovsk Cathedral of the Assumption of the Mother of God was built in 1886. In 1930, the Cathedral was demolished because it was not of architectural value. In 2002, the Cathedral was restored according to a new architectural project. The majestic stone Cathedral was built in the city center with the support of the Khabarovsk territory government at the expense of the Russian Orthodox Church, charitable organizations and individuals.
The far Eastern Art Museum is the largest Russian state collection of works of fine art in the Western Pacific region. The basis of its collection has become former Governor-General of the Amur Region Nikolai Grodekov private art gallery. The museum’s paintings were enlarged from the storerooms of the state Tretyakov gallery, the State Russian Museum, the state Hermitage Museum, the State Historical Museum.
Okladnikov Archaeology Museum was opened in 1998. The Museum is the only far Eastern Museum entirely dedicated to the distant past of the Amur region. The Museum has more than 120 thousand ancient objects-artifacts collected in the expeditions of Khabarovsk, Novosibirsk and Vladivostok scientists
Military-Historical Museum of The Krasnoznamenny Far East Military District is located in an old building on Shevchenko Street and Captain Dyachenko Lane. The Museum has 13 halls; their exhibition area is 3013 square meters where you can find more than 20 thousand exhibits. Here are documents, photos, banners, exhibits about all periods of the history of the far Eastern military district, from the Civil war in the Far East to our time. There is an observation deck of military equipment in the courtyard of the Museum
Fishes of Amur River Museum was opened in 2005. The aquarium exhibition presents a live collection of 75-95 species of fish from 125 living or occurring in the fresh waters of the Amur River basin. Here you can also watch sea crayfish, shrimps and local water turtles.
Monument Muravyevu-Amurskomu is located on the Bank of the Amur River. Nikolai Muraviev-Amursky was a statesman and diplomat, Governor-General of Eastern Siberia. He was a man who determined the place of laying the city of Khabarovsk. The monument to is located on the top of the Khabarovsk cliff, the count’s gaze is directed towards China. The monument became the largest monument before the revolution period. Its height reached 16 meters.
Spaso-Transfiguration Cathedral was consecrated in 2004. The Golden-domed Cathedral was built on residents of the region donations, sponsorship of enterprises and organizations. It is the third largest Church among Orthodox churches in Russia after the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow and St. Isaac’s Cathedral in St. Petersburg. Its height from the ground to the top of the Golden dome on the altar side is 95 meters. Spaso-Transfiguration Cathedral accommodates three thousand people.
Triada Chamber Theater is the only professional pantomime theater in the Far East. Today the genre face of the theater is determined primarily by the three main directions of the art of pantomime: plastic drama, classical pantomime and clowning. The history of the theater began in 1975 with an Amateur Studio organized by Vadim Gogolkov, a graduate Of the Institute of Culture.
Khabarovsk Regional Philharmonic Society was founded in 1938. The concert hall of the Khabarovsk regional Philharmonic is one of the best stages not only in the region but also in Russia. Within the walls of the Philharmonic sound Opera arias, organ music concerts and performances of the far Eastern Symphony orchestra
Museum of History of Khabarovsk was founded in 2003 and it is the youngest museum in the Far East. Expositions here tell about the city from the day of its Foundation-1863. Here you can see a collection of weapons and equipment of the First and Second world wars, a collection of paintings, ancient coins and metals
In 1894, the Museum of the Amur Department of the Imperial Russian geographical society was opened in Khabarovsk. Nikolai Grodekov who was the Governor-General also participated in its creation. Thanks to him, collections on archaeology, Ethnography and fauna were collected. In 1902, the Imperial Museum was renamed, and it began to bear the name of Grodekov.
A bridge project across the Amur River bridge construction has been developing for almost 20 years by Lavr Proskuryakov and Grigory Perederiy. The structure had to connect two sections of the TRANS-Siberian railway. Construction of the bridge began in 1913, and was completed in 1916 before Tsarevich Alexei birthday. Therefore, the bridge was often called Tsarist or Alekseevsky
Khabarovsk Regional Musical Theatre met its first audience in 1926 with Imre Kalman’s operetta «Silva». Its team was called the «theater of joy» for its special repertoire: the theater staged classical operettas, musicals and comedies.